Arnold Schwarzenegger – body-builder and actor
When Arnold Schwarzenegger came to live in America, he didn’t even speak English. Now he’s not only one of the most successful American actors but also the governor of California. Schwarzenegger is one of the main Hollywood male icons of the 1980s and 1990s.
He was born on July 30, 1947 in a little Austrian town. When he was ten years old, he had the dream of being the best in the world in something. When he was fifteen, he dreamed of being the best body builder in the world. Five years later, he turned this dream into reality. Arnold became Mr. Universe, the best-built man in the world. He won it five times consecutively. He became the winner of the top professional body-building championship six times.
His acting career began with a role of Hercules in a mediocre television film. His first memorable screen appearance was as himself in George Butler and Robert Fiori’s documentary on bodybuilding contests, Pumping Iron (1977).
Later he played Conan in Conan the Barbarian (1982) and Conan the Destroyer (1984).
In 1984 he starred in James Cameron’s The Terminator as ultraviolent cyborg.
Schwarzenegger became Hollywood’s best paid villain with the role of Mr. Freeze in Batman and Robin (1997), for which he reaped $25 million.
He is a strong believer in Western philosophy, the philosophy of success, of progress, of getting rich.
On April 26, 1986, Schwarzenegger married journalist Maria Shriver of the Kennedy family. The wedding took place in Massachusetts, in the Roman Catholic Church of St. Francis Xavier. They have four children: Katherine (born on December 13, 1989), Christina (born on July 23, 1991), Patrick (born on September 18, 1993), Christopher Sargent Shriver (born on September 27, 1997).
In May 2011, Schwarzenegger, who decided to return to the cinema after the departure from the post of governor of California, announced his divorce with Maria Shriver two weeks after the “silver wedding”.
Schwarzenegger has an illegitimate child, son Joseph, whose mother is Mildred Patricia Baena, one of Arnold’s housekeepers.
Other facts about Schwarzenegger
– In 1979, Schwarzenegger received a bachelor’s degree in economics from the University of Wisconsin.
– In 1983, Arnold became a US citizen. Arnold said in his autobiography, he was so proud of this event, that whole day he was walking with a flag.
– In June 1997, he bought a private plane for $ 38 million.
– In 1997, he underwent heart surgery.
– On December 23, 2006 he broke the femur while skiing in Sun Valley, Idaho.
– On October 7, 2011 a museum dedicated to Arnold Schwarzenegger was opened in the town of Thal.
– Schwarzenegger received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame for his contribution to the film industry.
– Agra schwarzeneggeri beetle was named after Arnold Schwarzenegger.
– In January 2015, it was reported that Arnold will be inducted into WWE Hall of Fame.