Barack Obama – 44th president of America
Barack Obama was the first African American to be elected president of the United States. In 2008 he become the country’s 44th president. In 2009 Obama won the Nobel Peace Prize.
Barack Hussein Obama II was born on August 4, 1961, in Honolulu, Hawaii. His mother, who was white, came from Kansas and his father was from Kenya. His parents divorced when the boy was 2 years old. His mother later married a man from Indonesia, and Barack lived in Indonesia between the ages of 6 and 10. Then he lived with his mother’s parents in Hawaii. His father died in 1982 at the age of 46.
In 1983 Obama graduated from Columbia University in New York and then moved to Chicago. For three years he worked with a group helping low-income people. In 1991 he graduated from Harvard Law School. He practiced law and lectured on constitutional law at the University of Chicago.
In 1996 he was elected to the Illinois Senate and in 2004 to the U.S. Senate from Illinois. In 2007 he ran for president against several people, including Hillary Clinton. On November 4 the voters chose Obama.
Barack met Michelle Robinson, his future wife, in Chicago when he was an intern at the law firm. They got married in the Church of the Holy Trinity in Chicago in 1992. They have two daughters Malia (born on July 4, 1998) and Natasha (born on June 10, 2001).
The first term of Barack Obama as president expired in 2011. Before it finished, he announced his decision to participate in a new company for a place in the White House. The Americans chose Obama for a second term.
Obama wrote several books including Dreams from My Father (1995) and The Audacity of Hope (2006).
– Barack Obama, despite the “anti-smoking” image of the White House, smokes cigarettes, although he made attempts to get rid of an unhealthy habit.
– Tickets for Obama’s inauguration on January 20, 2009 were sold online for $ 40,000. Although the entrance to the inauguration for those who received a ticket from a congressional member or state senator is always free.
– Obama has innumerable relatives, since his ancestors in the male line had several wives and many children.
– It is interesting that some of the relatives of Barack on the maternal line were … slave owners.
– After his famous speech at the National Democratic Convention in 2004 there was a real Obamamania in America.