Orlando Bloom, bright Hollywood star, was born on January 13, 1977 in Canterbury, Kent, England. He has a mother and a sister, Samantha, who is two years older than him. His father, Harry Bloom, died when Orlando was only four years old. His mother named him after a character in a book by Virginia Woolf. Other sources say he was named after the English composer of the XVII century Orlando Gibbons. His nicknames are Orli and OB.
Orlando studied at National Youth Theatre, British-American Drama Academy, Guildhall School of Music and Drama.
The actor starred in many films including Wilde, The Lord of the Rings trilogy, Black Hawk Down, Pirates of the Caribbean, Ned Kelly, The Calcium Kid, Troy, Kingdom of Heaven.
– His full name is Orlando Jonathan Blanchard Bloom.
– His favorite actors are Johnny Depp, Edward Norton, Paul Newman, and Daniel Day-Lewis.
– He says he’s into ‘all sorts of music, mostly the Ben Harper, the David Gray, and the Bob Dylan type of folk music.’
– He’s got two tattoos — a sun on his stomach and the number nine in Elvish — which lots of the young Rings actors had done together to mark their close bond while filming The Lord of the Rings.
– Orlando was inspired to become an actor by Superman.
– He enjoys photography, shopping and buying old antiques.
– He had got a lot of injuries. He’s broken his back, his ribs, his nose, his legs, his arm, his wrist, a finger and a toe, and cracked his skull three times!
– In September 2004, Empire magazine named Bloom the sexiest actor. He was the third after Keira Knightley and Angelina Jolie.
– Orlando had difficulties at school. He had dysgraphia.
– He is fluent in French.
– In The Lord of the Rings the dark-haired, dark-eyed actor was transformed into the Elf Prince of Mirkwood through the use of blue contacts and a long blond wig. While filming the movie in New Zealand he got into skydiving, bungee jumping, surfing and snowboarding. He also had to learn archery, how to ride a horse bareback (while shooting an arrow), and sword fighting.
Orlando had relationships with celebrities and models as Jemma Kidd, Christina Ricci, Naomie Harris, Kate Bosworth and Miranda Kerr.
In 2001 he was together with beautiful Sienna Miller.
Orlando met Kate Bosworth at the coffee shop in 2002. They finally parted in 2006.
Then he met Vanessa Minnillo.
In 2008, Orlando spent time with Naomi Harris, his partner in the film “Pirates of the Caribbean”.
Orlando married Australian model Miranda Kerr. On January 6, 2011 his son was born. Unfortunately, in fall of 2013 one of the world’s most beautiful couples divorced.